At Indy Reads our vision is to make Central Indiana 100% literate. With 1 in 6 Hoosiers reading at or below a sixth-grade ability, our mission to promote and improve the literacy of adults and families in Central Indiana is needed now more than ever! We take a community literacy approach to teaching adult students. Through an innovative social learning model, instructors are supported by a team of volunteer tutors in each dynamic classroom setting offered at partner locations throughout the Indianapolis area.
The Instructional Aide is responsible for various data collection and data entry tasks related to student gains/output/information. The primary responsibility of the Instructional Aide is to administer and score TABE and TABE CLAS-E tests to track student progress. We are seeking a strong candidate to enhance our data collection, data entry and classroom support efforts.
This part-time position is 15-20 hours a week and requires a flexible schedule, consisting of day or night shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and score TABE tests to determine student placement and progress on a weekly basis. Complete data entry of results in tracking database.
- Assist instructor with clerical tasks, including preparation of test materials for use in the classroom.
- Track attendance, student progress, and other documentation as required by the programming team for weekly reports.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or HSE required
- Interpersonal skills to work with individuals at various levels
- Demonstrated time management, prioritization, and efficiency skills
- Proven dependability, a commitment to honesty and the ability to manage highly confidential information
- Working knowledge of computer software and multimedia tools; familiar with Microsoft Office suite and Google G suite
- Flexible schedule to accommodate regular evening and weekday duties
- Personal, reliable transportation to accommodate regular classroom visits to partner sites
- Ability to work effectively with adult learners and positively communicate with students requesting assistance
- Strong data analysis and organizational skills including ability to think strategically, prioritize multiple tasks, manage projects, and utilize problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability in each area
- An organized self-motivator who can consistently achieve team goals with minimal oversight, and operate in an environment of frequent change with limited definition and changing priorities
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work harmoniously as part of a team within a culturally diverse environment
- Team player with the ability to relate to others in a positive manner
- Instructional aide or relevant experience preferred, experience instructing varied grade levels
- Experience working with adult learners and diverse student populations
- Extensive experience working with ELLs, bilingual speakers preferred
- Working knowledge of InTERS preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use his/her hands to feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Check out this and other opportunities to join our team at http://indyreads.org/join-our-team/